Sunday, April 3, 2011

What Makes Someone Want Their Ex Back After The Relationship Has Ended


I was reading an article online last week that stated when relationships end, someone almost always wants to get back together in the near future.  And this got me thinking about my past relationships and made me do a little soul searching about if this was true for me in the past.

And while I love my wife totally, I do remember a time or two when I was in this situation; the article made me start wonder why this was so.  Is it because the thought of never getting to see or be with your ex makes the person feel that they need their ex to survive?  Maybe the question comes down to some part of us feel that a failed relationship may look like a blemish on our relationship report card.  Or could it be that the love that was there is still there after the relationship has been axed?

And when I look at these three possibilities, I have to think that they all play a big part when someone realizes that they need to get their ex back.  I would like to hear some thoughts out there about what you think.  I look forward to your comments, and please make sure you keep your post relevant to the topic.

Regards
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment